I’ve almost finished with my peysa which I designed. It has been immensely satisfying to see a thing that I designed as a sort of abstract thing take form and become a real, tangible object. And soon I will be able to wear it!
As promised (threatened?) here, I’ve started working on my second, not-practice, actual lopapeysa. I just joined the sleeves to the trunk today, and started working the yoke. Hooray! My very own design coming to life 🙂
As you can see, I made a few alterations to my pattern after posting it back in January. I’ve added the patterns to the trunk as well as the sleeves, and I also made a few changes to the pattern. Nothing major.
After the success of my practice peysa, I decided to go right ahead and make one with lopi! I was originally just going to do another variation on the same pattern from the free pattern I used for the practice peysa, but then I discovered this tool for building your own knitting pattern: knittingpatterns.is/ and I got hooked. Note that it required Microsoft Silverlight.
Now I feel like I need to design my own, especially since a quick Google search reveals that (understandably) everybody in the world has knitted the peysa from that free pattern. Whereas if I design my own, then I will have a one-of-a-kind!
This is what I’ve come up with so far:
I’m also thinking of having the sleeve patterns on the waistband.
And when you export it, it generates a whole knitting pattern for you, including how many stitches to cast on, where to make increases/decreases, etc. It is really cool! Por ejemplo:
I told Doc that if he designed a lopapeysa in that tool, I’d knit it for him for his birthday. So of course, this is what he came up with:
I’m excited to begin knitting these!